Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Daily Kong: Shooting Nukes Day

Play of the Day!
The Play of the Day is a daily column where I showcase my personal pick of the best game uploaded the day before.


Doomrunner by SuperNova101
Controls: Arrow keys to move, A: Fire Lasers, S: 2 missile shot Z: Pulse Charge X: 7 Missile Shot

Quick Review: Heres a fun fact there were only two games uploaded yesterday, and this was one of them, the other was another stolen Last Stand clone. Although I guess thank goodness this was a good game, there are a few things I don't like about it, such as the control scheme, it's very clunky and hard to get used to but once you play for a solid 5 minutes you've got it down although many people will have given up on it before then. The attacks are nice although I mostly used my Pulse Charge and 7 missile shot as they were the most potent. The game has one huge problem with me, theres no point and it never ends, I simply shoot the same things over and over again. If there was a story built upon this or levels or something more I could consider playing it longer but it becomes quickly repetitive and easy.

Also check out great reviews for Kongregate games at ACKK

Retro Play of the Day!
This piece takes a look into the games uploaded to Kongregate One Year ago! That's almost a century on the internet

Defcon : Minus by crushy
Controls: Mouse to move cursor, and click to shoot!


Quick Review: Not exactly what I would call the greatest of games, it works and is a mediocre attempt at a simply defense game. Crappy review, although it's quite true.

Notable Forum Posts
Here's a place where the forum gets spotlighted upon, every day there are great threads and here's a spot to keep up on at least a few
.
The Van Cast
Fail Pictures

Kongregate News
Kongregate always has some kind of news, we're in beta! What's going on recently with Kongregate and the Kongregate community
.

New Card Art Released Check it yo!








COCAK News
Am I slacking, probably. Here is a place where I tell you whats up in my world so you can know what to expect from the blog world.


Well not much new, just plugging through the dailys.

No comments: